.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Goal statement, which states my purpose for applying to graduate Personal Statement

Goal , which states my purpose for applying to graduate school, choice of specialty and role, and future plan - Personal Statement Example For one of the projects, I had to write an essay as to why I was pursuing higher education. As a woman, from a cultural background where education for women was not significant, as they were considered only as homemakers this topic was of interest to me. This class was a revelation to me, as it motivated me to empower myself, develop knowledge and skills in my career as well as being confident in my practice. It as well encouraged me to go into the community and serve the people that were underserved. I am privileged to work as a Med Surg nurse on a general medicine floor in one of the best teaching hospitals in the country. This experience has made me grow professionally and personally. It gave me the prospect to work with a varied cluster of patients and their families with varying diagnosis and from various socioeconomic cultures. Additionally, I interacted with members of the hospital’s multidisciplinary team made up of staff members from various departments, as we coordinated and ensured that patients got safe and ultimate care they deserve. This was an immense learning experience. Working in the hospital has been an elevating experience. It has helped me in understanding the theoretical and practical aspects of nursing, which is caring of a patient as a whole. It has also formed the foundation for me to center my dreams of a passionate nurse that I am as I embark in the nurse practitioner role. I am interested of being a family nurse practitioner because after having the opportunity to interact with so many people while working at the hospital, I find being involved with a diverse population inspiring. I would like to work with the entire family of all ages from pediatric to the geriatric population. This aspiration was further strengthened in me after attending to 57-year-old patient diagnosed with end stage liver disease and encephalopathy and was struggling

No comments:

Post a Comment